Dental Crowns & Bridges
Dental crowns and bridges are versatile ways to repair dental damage. Dental crowns can protect weak teeth, repair breaks or cracks, cover a dental implant, or cover a tooth after a root canal. Dental bridges can replace missing teeth. Longmeadow, MA dentist at Dores Dental offers dental crowns & bridges for your specific needs.
While dental crowns and bridges are versatile, they are not always convenient. They are usually created in an off-site dental lab. So you have to make multiple visits to the dentist to get your dental crown or bridge.
But Longmeadow, MA dentist Dr. James Dores uses a high-tech tool called CEREC to produce dental crowns and dental bridges in a single office visit. To find out more about same-day dental crowns and bridges, call Dores Dental at 413-241-3995.
How Does CEREC Work?
This is how the CEREC process typically goes:
- Dores uses a small scanner to take digital images of your teeth.
- He forwards the images to the CEREC machine in our office.
- He uses its computer-assisted design (CAD) software to create a 3D model of your dental crown or dental bridge.
- Finally, he sends the model to a milling machine, which produces your same-day dental crown or dental bridge.
CEREC’s Same-Day ConvenienceDr. Dores on Same-Day Crowns
The CEREC process typically takes about two hours. You spend a good part of that time simply relaxing while you wait for your same-day dental crown or dental bridge in our Longmeadow, MA dentist office. You can listen to a podcast, read a book, or catch up on your email.
Without CEREC, you’ll wait a week or more for your dental crown or dental bridge to be made at an off-site lab. You’ll have to wear a temporary crown or bridge for however long it takes your restoration to be produced. And if it requires modification, yet another visit may be required.
Getting your dental crowns or bridges in a single day is especially important if you are experiencing discomfort from a broken or cracked tooth.
Other Benefits of CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns and Bridges
It is hard to beat the convenience of avoiding multiple dentist visits with a CEREC same-day dental crown or bridge! CEREC offers several other benefits as well:
- Comfort. The usual process for getting a dental crown or dental bridge involves a dentist putting a tray of molding material in your mouth to obtain an impression of your teeth. In contrast to this, you’ll barely notice as Dr. Dores takes digital images of your teeth.
- Precision. The CEREC software makes it easy for Dr. Dores to tweak the design, so you’ll get a perfect fit and natural-looking color for your restoration.
- Durability. A CEREC same-day dental crown is milled from a single solid block of ceramic. Your same-day dental crown or bridge should last for years!