At Dores Dental, the desire to keep your family’s mouths and teeth healthy is behind everything we do. While Longmeadow, MA dentist Dr. James Dores makes every effort to preserve your natural teeth, sometimes teeth must be removed even by oral surgery to keep your mouth healthy.
When that happens, you want an expert dentist to remove your teeth as quickly and painlessly as possible. And you want multiple options to replace your teeth. You get both at Dores Dental in Longmeadow, MA. Call us at 413-241-3995 to discuss your oral surgery options.
Taking Sting Out of Anesthesia for Tooth Extractions
Many folks dislike the needle used to administer anesthesia for tooth extractions as much as they dislike the actual procedure. At Dores Dental, we use a tool called DentalVibe that uses gentle vibration to take the sting out of anesthesia. You’ll experience minimal discomfort with your tooth extraction, including anesthesia.
When Your Tooth Might Have to Go
Here are some situations where Dr. Dores might not be able to save your natural teeth:
- If advanced gum disease sets in
- If a tooth blocks another tooth from erupting
- If wisdom teeth become impacted
- If repairing a damaged tooth is more costly than extracting and replacing it
- To prepare your mouth for dentures, dental implants, or orthodontic treatment
Other Oral Surgery Services at Dores Dental
Other oral surgery procedures at Dores Dental include:
- Sinus lifts. A sinus lift, a procedure that builds up bone in your upper jaw, may be needed to create a strong foundation for your dental implant. Dr. Dores carefully places material in your jaw that encourages new bone growth to prepare it for an implant.
- Gum grafts. Gum disease can cause your gums to recede, creating discomfort and endangering your teeth. Dr. Dores skillfully attaches tissue to the area where gums have receded, restoring your gums and retaining your teeth.
Whether oral surgery is needed to remove teeth or to preserve them, you want an experienced dentist to perform your procedures. Call Dores Dental at 413-241-3995 for an oral surgery consultation. Or you can use our online form to visit our Longmeadow, MA dentist office.