Can you buy an over-the-counter product at the drugstore to whiten your teeth? Yes, you can. But your results will vary depending on the product you use, how well you follow the directions, and how well you apply the product, among other factors. Get your teeth whitening done by trusted East Longmeadow, MA dentist at Dores Dental for consistently good results. Getting the product applied by our team ensures better coverage with minimal discomfort. You won’t miss struggling with messy strips!
Two Teeth Whitening Options
At Dores Dental, we use Philips Zoom and Sinsational Smile, two respected brands of teeth whitening products. East Longmeadow, MA dentist Dr. James Dores will help you determine which product best suits your needs.
Some of the factors he takes into consideration include:
- Length of treatment. Sinsational Smile involves a 20-minute whitening treatment in our office, later followed by topical application of more product at home. Zoom takes a bit longer, as we apply three separate coats of whitening gel in our office.
- Home treatment. With Sinsational Smile, you get a whitening pen to use at home following your teeth whitening treatment in our East Longmeadow, MA dentist office.
- Immediacy of results. You’ll notice a more immediate difference in the color of your teeth with Zoom. Sinsational Smile results are more gradual.
- Sensitivity to the teeth whitening process. The two products use different strengths of hydrogen peroxide to whiten teeth. If you have sensitive teeth or gums, the lower-strength product may work best for you.
- Cost. Dr. Dores can talk to you about cost differences to determine which teeth whitening product will be more affordable for you. While the upfront cost is different, other factors such as frequency of treatment should be taken into account.
Dr. Dores has proven to be knowledgeable to cosmetic dentistry and any field in dentistry as he holds membership in the American Dental Association (ADA), Massachusetts Dental Society, and the Valley District Dental Society for his continuing education.
If you want professional results, get your teeth whitening treatment done by a top-notch East Longmeadow, MA dentist! Call Dores Dental at 413-241-3995 for a dental whitening appointment. Or use our online form.