Your Child’s First Dental Visit
No dental appointment is more important than your child’s first dental visit. You should bring your baby to our East Longmeadow, MA office no later than the first birthday. This step will help guarantee a lifetime of good dental health!
Call Dores Dental at 413-241-3995 to schedule your child’s visit dental visit. There is no other dentist you can trust for your children. Dr. Dores holds memberships in the American Dental Association (ADA), Massachusetts Dental Society, and the Valley District Dental Society.
What to Expect from Your Child’s First Dental Visit
Are you a little nervous about bringing your child to Dores Dental for the first time? While that is understandable, you needn’t be nervous.
Here is what will happen at your child’s first dental visit:
- East Longmeadow, MA dentist Dr. James Dores and his team will make you and your little one comfortable. You can hold them on your lap, if you’d like. Or if they’re young enough, you can lay them across your knees and sit knee-to-knee with Dr. Dores.
- He will check your child’s mouth for cavities, mouth injuries, or any other issues that need attention.
- He will clean gently clean your child’s teeth and share tips on how you can clean them at home.
- Dores will take time to answer any questions you may have. If you’re a new parent, you may have questions about pacifier use, teething, or baby formula. He can talk you through those issues, and more.
Tips for Your Child’s First Dental Visit
Here are some tried-and-true tips for your child’s first dental visit:
- Schedule your visit at a time when your little one is well-rested and generally happy. That should be fairly easy to do at Dores Dental, with our weekday hours of 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Our office is open every other Saturday too!
- Feed your child before your visit. A hungry kiddo is a cranky kiddo.
- Don’t worry if your kid cries. As with any brand-new experience, your child may cry a little. Trusted East Longmeadow, MA dentist Dr. Dores and most of the Dores Dental team are parents, so we know how to handle fussy kids – and nervous parents, too!