What Is Special About A Family Dentist?
When looking for a dentist for your child, there are many factors to consider. You want to make sure your child is in good hands and that their teeth will be well cared for. It’s also important that you as a parent feel comfortable with the dentist your child will be seeing at least twice a year.
One of the most common questions parents ask when looking for a dentist for their child is “Should I take my child to a family dentist?”
What is a Family Dentist?
A family dentist is similar to a general dentist in that they provide a wide range of dental services rather than specializing in a specific field. Generally, a family dentist provides oral health care to patients of all ages.
Some family dentists may have special skills, but in general, a family dentist focuses on general dental issues like eliminating tooth decay, filling cavities, and keeping your mouth healthy.
Like all other dentists, a family dentist will have attended four years of dental school on top of receiving their bachelor’s degree. They also know just how to deal with the behavior of children in particular, as well as how to make kids feel more comfortable while treating the unique oral health needs and issues of children.
Which Dentist is Right for Your Kids?
When trying to decide which dentist is right for your children, you will notice that there are advantages to having a family dentist.
The advantages of choosing a family dentist include:
- You and your child can see the same dentist
- Family dentists are still comfortable with and experienced in treating children
- Many family dentists provide multiple specialties in the same office
- They have more experience with kids
- Their offices tend to be designed with kids in mind, meaning they provide a more fun and entertaining environment for little ones
- They typically use smaller and more kid-friendly dental tools
- They are usually better-equipped to provide care for children with special needs
If you live or work in the East Longmeadow area, then Dores Dental is a great place to bring your family to experience the benefits of family dentistry. We have the knowledge and experience necessary to make sure your loved ones get the care they need. Call 413-241-3995 to schedule an appointment today.