How Dental Implants Restore Your Bite [longform]
Perhaps you’ve been walking around with a gap in your grin. Or maybe you have a conventional bridge or denture you’d like to replace with something more stable. At Dores Dental, we offer dental implants that are truly the next best thing to your real teeth. To schedule a dental implant consultation in Longmeadow, MA call 413-241-3995.
Replace the Entire Tooth
Conventional restorations sit above the gumline and replace just the visible portion of the tooth. So the way they function and perform is quite different from the real thing.
A dental implant, on the other hand, is an artificial tooth root that is surgically inserted into the jawbone and integrates into your body. As such, it performs much like an actual tooth.
The process goes something like this:
- If the doctor determines you are a suitable candidate for the procedure, he will surgically insert the implant — a sturdy titanium post — into your jawbone. If you’ve suffered bone loss, he may be able to build up the bone with a procedure called a sinus lift.
- As you heal from the initial surgery (a process that will take a few months), the post will become integrated into your bone for ultimate stability. We will have you come in periodically during this process to make sure everything is going as it should.
- Once the healing process is complete, you will come back to our office for the final steps. Dr. Dores will attach an abutment and a custom dental crown, crafted in our office while you wait with our cutting-edge CEREC technology.
If you need many teeth replaced, we can use a few dental implants to support a custom denture.
Get Your Bite Back
A dental implant with its restoration is so close to the feel, function, and strength of a real tooth, you may actually forget it’s in your mouth.
- Unlike with conventional restorations, the force of your bite will go into your jawbone. This stimulation is critical for preventing deterioration of the bone.
- You can eat with confidence: no food restrictions, no worrying about your restoration coming off or not holding up.
- A totally natural appearance.
- For a traditional bridge, your adjacent teeth must be ground down and topped with dental crowns. A dental implant requires no alteration of healthy teeth.
- Dental implants become part of you. Once they integrate into the bone, they will not go anywhere.
- Traditional dentures depend on the power of suction and messy adhesives to stay in place. Implant dentures are securely fixed to the abutment.
- Dentures that are secured with dental implants do not cover your palate. This means your senses of taste and smell won’t be dulled and you won’t have to re-learn to speak clearly.
If you are ready to restore your smile with beautiful and functional dental implants, get in touch with Dores Dental today to schedule a consultation. You may call our office in Longmeadow, MA at 413-241-3995 or fill out our handy online form and we will get back to you promptly.