Brighten Your Winter with Cosmetic Dentistry
Is your smile beginning to resemble a dreary February sky? Or a days’ old snow trampled by a succession of dirty boots?
If you’re in the depths of the midwinter blues, we have a way to pull you right out. Our cosmetic procedures can transform your less-than-pearly and less-than-white pearly whites into a dazzling smile that will lift your spirits and radiate sunshine everywhere you go.
Cosmetic dentistry encompasses a range of procedures with a common goal: to get your smile looking fantastic. And a beautiful smile is a huge confidence booster that affects every aspect of your life. You will be more comfortable socializing, you will have the courage to ask for that raise, you will come across as self assured and professional in an interview.
If you’d like to learn more about our cosmetic services, call Dores Dental of Longmeadow, MA at 413-241-3995.
Over time, our naturally pearly and translucent teeth become yellowed and stained due to drinking coffee and other dark beverages, the foods we eat, smoking, or just daily life. Cosmetic teeth whitening lifts those stains, giving you a bright white smile that makes you look younger and more radiant.
At Dores Dental, we offer two teeth whitening systems.
- Our in-office Zoom whitening delivers dramatic results fast. Over the course of one visit (roughly an hour), we will apply three coats of a powerful whitening gel that’s activated by a special light. By the time you leave our office, your teeth will be up to eight shades brighter.
- If you’re looking for beautiful results but aren’t in a rush, Sinsational Smiles is an excellent option for you. The treatment involves one 20-minute in-office application that’s followed up by treatments at home. The whitening solution contains a lower concentration of hydrogen peroxide than our Zoom product, so it’s a great choice if you are worried about sensitivity.
This simple, painless procedure — generally doable in one office visit without anesthesia — covers stains, chips, and other cosmetic flaws; closes gaps; changes the shape or length of a tooth; or protects tooth roots that have become exposed due to gum recession.
After preparing the tooth to be bonded, we will apply a putty-like composite resin material, which has been perfectly matched to the shade of your tooth. We will mold it, harden it with a special light, and make final adjustments to the shape. Finally, the resin will be polished so that it reflects light just like your real teeth.
Veneers are the embodiment of the “Hollywood smile.” In fact, they were created in Los Angeles to make actors’ teeth look flawless on the silver screen! They are still popular with celebrities today, but are now available to anyone who wants a showstopping smile.
A veneer is a very thin shell that is permanently bonded to the front of a tooth. You can get a single veneer for a blemished tooth or create a whole new smile with them.
At most dental offices, veneers are manufactured off site, so you need to book at least two office visits, one for impressions and one to have your veneers attached.
At Dores Dental, we create custom porcelain veneers while you wait with our cutting-edge digital CEREC system. That means we can do everything in one visit, which saves you time.
Teeth Contouring / Crown Lengthening
If your smile requires certain subtle changes to look its best, teeth contouring may be a good option for you. In this simple procedure, we remove a small amount of enamel to alter the tooth. Because we touch just the outer layer, the process is painless. If your teeth have any of the following issues, you may want to consider contouring:
- Too long
- Excessively pointy
- Slight overlap
- Very minor crookedness
- Small chips, bulges, or pits
Crown Lengthening is the removal of a small amount of gum tissue to expose more of the tooth’s surface. Dr. Dores uses the high-tech Solea CO2 laser to make the procedure as comfortable as possible.
Unsightly metal braces are no longer required to fix crooked, crowded, or misaligned teeth. Invisalign is the groundbreaking system that uses a series of custom-made clear plastic aligners to straighten your smile. The product has a host of benefits over traditional orthodontics:
- The aligners are removable, so you can eat what you want and clean your teeth normally.
- The aligners are molded out of soft plastic. There is no metal to poke and irritate your mouth.
- Invisalign is virtually invisible on your teeth. Most people will not notice them at all.
- Treatment duration tends to be shorter than with conventional braces.